Network Marketing is a 60 year-old industry that does about $100 billion annually in 125 different countries.
It’s an exploding industry with an estimated 50,000 new distributors entering the industry every week. The corporate downsizing, mergers and forced early retirement is taking a toll on the average (and even above average) worker. The home based business boom is skyrocketing! CNN reported that a new home based business is started every 11 seconds here in the United States alone. It is also possible that the baby boom generation (all 76 million of us) will break the Social Security system. Company retirement programs and 401k programs are not as safe as they used to be, and people are concerned.
Many economic experts are predicting that network marketing will be the franchising of the 21st century. Franchising currently does over $700 billion a year! In the 1950's many people said that franchising was a scam or scheme. Today, people pay as much as $1 million upfront fees just for the rights to a premier franchise. Yet, the potential income from a single premier franchise is MUCH LOWER than a premier network marketing business.
Since the inception of the Network Marketing industry in the 1950’s there has been six recessions in the United States of varying degrees. With each recession the Network Marketing industry has experienced significant growth. Currently our economy is just coming out of an official recessional period. Though the economy has faltering in recent years, the indicators are starting to show that the Network Marketing industry is beginning a growth trend here in the United States. Many Network Marketing companies, large and small, have experienced record growth in overall sales and sponsoring in the last quarter of 2011. With the start of the New Year many of those same companies are seeing even greater growth from month to month.
Look at these statistics;
There are many statistics that show that MLM is still one of the best business methods to go with.
- 14 Million people working from home full-time.
- Another 23 million working from home part-time.
- Increasing by over 600,000 people per year.
- Average work from home income $59,250 per year.
- 84% recommend working from home to others.
- 29% work at home with other family members.
- 20% of home based entrepreneurs said that their business grossed between $100,000 and $500,000 last year.
- 56 million people have their own MLM business in over 100 countries around the world.
- 13.6 million of these business people are based in the United States alone.
- The earnings of all the MLM businesses around the world have achieved over $100 billion in sales last year.
- 80% (more or less) of the total MLM representatives are females.
- The whole industry has grown over 90% in the last ten year, making it one of the fastest growing industries around.
There are so many reasons why people would want to have their own Network Marketing business instead of working for someone else. These stats prove that many people would still want to go with Network Marketing businesses. Most people are tired of working for long hours and get a low pay. They also do not have the time to stay with their families. Network Marketing makes it easy for the people to manage their own time and work whenever they want.